SERIES M3 –
Trunnion Mounted Ball Valves
A large trunnion design ensures central positioning under the highest working pressure. Independent floating spring loaded seats provide a tight seal even at low differential pressures. Service and maintenance is simplified with a bolted body design incorporating double o-rings or a combination of o-rings and gaskets, suitable for buried or above ground installation.
- Three-piece body design
- Double block and bleed
- Self relieving seat
- Double piston seat
- Trunnion supported design reduces operating torque
- Antistatic device for grounding of the ball, stem and body
- O-rings plus firesafe stem packing prevent leakage
- Corrosion resistant low friction bearings
- Inconel® seat springs provide upstream and downstream sealing
- Stainless steel sealant injection fittings for emergency stem or seal sealing
- Direct mount topworks pad for actuator or gear operator
- 6" & larger valves are equipped with lifting lugs
- Locking device (lock not included)
- Anti-blowout trunnion stem design
1 - Anti-Blowout Stem Design
Stem seal integrity is achieved by the use of three o-rings (or two o-rings and a graphite gasket). Upper o-ring (or graphite gasket) can be replaced with the valve in line and under pressure.
2 - Lubricant / Emergency Seat Seal
Special sealants may be injected through fittings that are located on the adapter flanges to restore sealing integrity if seat sealing surface is damaged. A second internal check valve provides backup to the fitting.
3 - Emergency Sealant Injection System
The sealant injection system located on the bonnet can be utilized in case of emergencies, o-ring damage, or if stem leakage occurs.
4 - Double Sealed Envelope Connections
Double o-rings or a combination of an o-ring and firesafe gasket on body/adapter connections to ensure positive sealing. This makes the P3/M3 suitable for above or below ground service.
5 - Heavy Duty Bearings
6" - 12" Class 900, 1500 & 2500
14" - 24" Class 150, 300 & 600
Trunnions are supported by heavy duty teflon® coated steel bearings. Thrust load on the ball is supported by large trunnions mounted within captured trunnion blocks, resulting in low operating torque and seat wear.
6 - Antistatic Device
A spring between the trunnion and the ball or between the stem and the gland plate permits electrical continuity between all valve components.